Nelliel Frequently Asked Questions
What is Nelliel exactly?
Nelliel is based on Futallaby. It uses an updated codebase and expanded feature set while remaining focused on single-board functionality. It is designed for times when a single
board or small site with quick and simple setup is needed.
How did the project get started?
Nelliel was originally a heavily-modded version of Futallaby used on Nigrachan. AfroBoard was later branched for continued use there, while Nelliel went to independent development.
What's in this that's not in Futallaby?
- Supports numerous filetypes by default. All filetypes can be enabled or disabled individually
- Template system
- Preserves filenames
- Expanded set of management panels
- Custom data and template caching system
- Support for using built-in GD functions or ImageMagick for image handling
- Allows multiple date formats and makes them more readable
- Ability to expand and collapse threads
- Deleting the last post in a thread will un-bump it
- MD5 and optional license and source information available for files
- "Moderator Mode" for setting bans and deleting posts while viewing content
- Complies to HTML 4.01 Strict for better rendering speed, browser compatability and fewer layout bugs
- Optional archive system to preserve posts even after they fall off the board
- Configurable option for multiple files per post
- Includes the ability to select individual files for deletion separately from entire posts
What's required to use this?
- PHP 5.1.6 or better
- PDO (normally enabled in PHP by default)
- MySQL (other database support is coming eventually)
I can haz multiple boards plox?
Multiple instances of Nelliel can be set up to create a larger site of course. However, there are no multi-board management functions built in and there are currently no plans for any.
Nelliel is not 4chan-in-a-box software; it's meant for small sites or individual boards.
Will there be a text board?
A text-only setting will be included. A full-fledged text board may happen eventually but it's low on the list of things to do.
What about oekaki?
Oekaki will be added in the future.
Will Nelliel support HTML5?
When HTML5 becomes a recommended standard (rather than a draft), Nelliel will likely be converted.